Amy Ward Brimmer

mother daughter wife teacher writer dreamer sister worker seeker activist minister healer student human

10.20.2010

Mad Me

I began my Way Opens Wednesday (WOW!) by calling my friend Donna Allen at Times Publishing, Inc.  I wanted some prices on advertising and had some questions about their marketing strategies and territory.  Turns out their deadline for the November issue is Friday, so I ended up making some very quick (and slightly overbudget) decisions that required me to produce an ad today.

So that's how I spent my morning.  It was surprisingly difficult to figure out how much text (as little as possible) and what and how much to include graphically (not my forte).  The three paragraphs about Alexander Technique that I came up with for the Way Opens website (and posted on this blog) might work for some ads, but not this one.  I had to come up with a punch list of benefits and applications that also conveyed a sense of what the AT is like.

Here's a sneak peek at what will be published in about two weeks in the Newtown Gazette:
Way Opens Center Ad

That was my Peggy Olson morning. If you don't know who I'm referring to, I feel a little sad for you. That means that you don't watch Mad Men, and you are missing out on a good show. And some very fine-looking people.  And damn good writing. (yes, I have to curse.  It's that good.)

Maybe you noticed in the ad (if you clicked on the link) that Way Opens Center is having another Way Opens Wednesday (WOW!) on November 10, and also the first open house to introduce me to you and you to me. If you are someone who lives in or near Newtown, PA, stop on by 22 South State Street between 5 and 8 pm for free Alexander demonstrations, a bit of refreshment, and friendly chat. I'd be honored to have your help as I launch what I hope will become a hub for learning, healing, discovery, and transformation. Then you can do a little shopping at Allegheny Art next door.

We are getting closer to a website launch, too.  It's looking really good, thanks to Imogen Ragone, whose design ability is surpassed only by her generosity. She makes good-looking websites for her fellow Alexander teachers at a huge discount as a professional courtesy. If you or someone you know is in the Wilmington, DE vicinity, go take some lessons with her. 

Hope you are enjoying this wonderful International Alexander Awareness Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment